Facebook

205 West Huisache Avenue

205 West Huisache Avenue

St. Anthony Catholic School was founded in 1907 by the Sisters of Divine Providence at 315 W.Woodlawn Ave. Steady growth in 1908 prompted a move to the corner of Magnolia and Howard and by late 1908, the Sisters organized the construction of a new building at the corner of Huisache and Howard. This distinguished structure was built for the Sisters from the plans of architect F.B. Gaenslen, and still serves as “Old Main” for the school, which has expanded to include three neighboring homes.

Specifications

  • Year Built: 1907
  • Home Style: Classical Revival
  • School

Sign Up for Emails

 

Monte Vista Historical Association
PO Box 12386
San Antonio, Texas 78212

210-737-8212
email