2420 Main Avenue
The commercial buildings at 2420 N. Main Avenue, built in 1928 by Herbert Oppenheimer, have housed a number of well-known San Antonio retail institutions. The property has been owned by the Pancoast/Noble family since 1941. Notable tenants have included the Peggy Barton Dress Shop, Dailey’s Liquors, The Taylor Company, Weldon Sheffield, Kathleen Sommers, and Don McDonald. Basil Scaljon’s Oriental rug gallery has been in the center since 1995, and now occupies the entire structure.
- Year Built: 1928
- Home Style: Spanish Colonial Revival