Monte Vista Trials Security Patrol
For several years we have discussed the possibility of a security patrol in Monte Vista, but most every plan came with more cost and process than we felt was reasonable and required some level of management commitment by either MVHA or the formation of another entity.
Recently, a group of energetic neighbors met and began exploring a different way of providing a service that so many residents have expressed interest in to address security concerns.
On March 21st, about 45 neighbors enjoyed a presentation by Texas Lawman Security on a trial security patrol which includes officers patrolling a small geographic area including Hollywood Avenue, Lynwood Avenue and Elsmere Place for a 90 day trial period.
If the trial is successful and the decision is made to continue, the service could eventually cover the entire Monte Vista Historic District.
Here are the details:
- Texas Lawman Security & Traffic Control Services, LLC will provide a Commissioned Security Patrolman that will conduct:
- Three Patrol (3) patrol per night, 7 days per week, between the hours of 1900 (7pm) through 0600 (6am) in a marked police style Texas Lawman Security patrol unit. If weather does not allow patrol hit patrol will make up the hit within 72 hours. Christmas Holiday and New Year’s Holiday will be given one hit but will be on call throughout shift.
- Be on call and answer resident complaints during patrol hours.
- Make contact with homeowners to show presence and answer questions on the block being patrolled.
- Generate a nightly report via email with any incidents and/or activity observed on property.
- Generate a light check report and give notice of any needed safety repairs. (gates, windows, etc)
- Upon request client can notify they will be out of town so that we ensure we check home while patrolling the block. If a package is left we upon request we can pick up package and leave it in TLS office.
- A representative from Texas Lawman Security will be in direct contact with property management and/or owners at all times to have communication over any issues that may arise.
- Conduct a safety awareness/introduction of Texas Lawman Security with Lawman supervisors, Texas Peace Officers and Patrol Officers at no additional cost.
- Security Patrol Service at $30.00 monthly–3 month contract minimum and thereafter month to month term.
- Payment must be made in advance.
- 60 homes between Hollywood Avenue, Lynwood Avenue and Elsmere Place must participate for the trial to move forward.
- The trial is scheduled to begin on April 15th, 2017, however, it can start as soon as we reach a commitment of 60 homes.
- You can pay by check or credit card. No payments will be processed until the trial begins.
- Please complete the agreement and mail your check to the address on the sign up form found on this website.
This is not a service provided by or managed by the Monte Vista Historical Association.
As we do with so many other items of neighborhood interest, we are sharing with our membership in the hope that you will find the information helpful as a resident of Monte Vista.